This Smart Card Utility is a graphical tool that facilitates testing and
deployment of smart cards. We’ve provided the following modes of operation.
- Initialize a smart card. This creates the basic filesystem that allows the card to interoperate with products such as Microsoft Forefront Identity Manager.
- Enumerate the contents of a smart card, including certificates, files, directories, and crypto key names.
- Delete a smart card. This option removes all crypto keys and user certificates from the card.
- Clean a smart card. This option removes only expired non-encryption keys and certificates.
- View and initialize smart card root certificates.
This screen shot shows the Certificates tab with two user certificates present.
This screen shot shows the Advanced tab, including low-level card files and technical data.
This screen shot shows the Root certificates tab with one root certificate present.